Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The weekly // 26

Sunday, after I got back from the beach, I started packing up my apartment, because my parents will have to move my stuff to a different apartment while I'm in India (shoutout to them—they really are the best for doing that!) Monday, I finished packing everything up, and then drove home to Rock Hill. 

I spent a couple of days with my family, and then we headed to the airport so I could hop on a plane (or four) en route to India! 

We traveled for over 30 hours…
not an ideal way to spend a day (or two), but experiencing it with these people made it much better!




After lots of traveling, we arrived around 7am. 
Even though I was exhausted, when we stepped out of the airport into the city, my heart was so overwhelmed, in the best way possible.

Once we got to the hotel, we ate breakfast, then went to take a quick nap before meeting later that afternoon. Well, the quick nap turned into a five hour nap…for all of us. Jet lag is real people. 

But soon we were out into the city, and by auto, of course. Here's our first auto ride of the summer: 



The second day we went on a scavenger hunt of the city so that every one could get a feel for the place. Megan, James and I had a blast. We saw all the good sites, plus found some extra treasures. 






We've only been here a couple of days, and consequently haven't quite gotten into a routine as we try to become accustomed to the city, the culture, and the time. 

I know that the hard times will come, but as for now, by the grace of God, my heart is thrilled to be back in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment