Sunday, September 1, 2013

How We Do College in the South

Let me tell you, Clemson does college right! This weekend has been awesome. Friday was the first Friday parade. It featured all the different clubs and organizations. President and First Lady Barker were also in it as well as Ali Rodgers, Miss South Carolina.







Saturday, was of course, game day. While I did come to Clemson for an education, I also came to enjoy some good ol' ACC football, and last night, that is exactly what I did. 

I have never seen so much orange nor have I ever heard so beautiful a sound as the echo of 100,000 people shouting aloud to tiger rag. 







For those of you who watched the game (I feel sorry for you if you missed it) it was AWESOME. ESPN College Game Day plus a great win against the Georgia Bull Dogs made for one heck of a first game as a student. I don't know if Death Valley will ever see that much "hype" again. Every seat was filled and every person was cheering on their team.


It sure is great to be a tiger. 

The nifty thing is that while football is probably what I love most about Clemson, it would have been okay if we had lost. Because I still got free food at tailgates. I still got to hang out with my friends. I still got to scream and shout for the team that I love. And, above all else, I got to see this: 


For football is passing but the glory of God is forever. I'm thankful that He graciously reminds me in ways like this that it is all about Him. 

And even though I'm exhausted from long days, He gives me the love and the perseverance to put Him first in my heart and therefore in all things in my life. 

With that being said, GO TIGERS and PRAISE THE LORD. 


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if we are gonna be friends at thanksgiving anymore.....From Brian your cousin's husband...who is mad at clemson....for beating us

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an unbelievable game! The best part from here was all the texting throughout the game. Someone asked Aunt Pete to come over to watch the game but she told them we were watching it as a family-she just didn't tell them that it was over three states! Ha! So glad you are having such a good time.

    ReplyDelete