Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Month Down...

I came back from class this afternoon to find this on our door: 


(the things that have been written on this board in only a month...oh my)

I can't believe it's already been an entire month! It really does feel like my family just dropped me off.

The first week was hard. Oh so hard. 

But life here is getting good. Real good. 

Praise the Lord

I'm finally getting into a routine, which is great. By God's grace, I wake up an hour or two before my first class every morning and do some type of exercise. Then I spend some serious time digging deep into the truth of God's word. 

On mornings that I sleep a little too late, I skip my work out. (Walking the hills of this campus every day plus eight flights of stairs to my room can hold me over until I get ample time for a run.) Instead I spend the hour or so that I have with Jesus. 

I am so thankful that God is making Himself my everything, my only priority this strongly and this early into the game. 

Mondays are library days...actually every day is turning into a library day when I have exams, speeches, and lab reports all rolled up into one week.

Then, on Monday nights I have connecting point (CP) groups, which is a girls small group through crosspoint church. I am thrilled to see what God has in store for that group, and I've already grown through fellowship with some of the girls. In only a month! Woo hoo!!

Tuesdays I have class again and a biology lab, but on Tuesday nights I have been attending campus crusaders for Christ, or CRU. And I love it. 

Wednesdays I go non stop and then drop dead after ending my day with a late night chem lab. 

Thursdays I have class again, more homework time, and then a statistics lab that thankfully is pretty short and sweet. Most Thursdays I go to FCA at the oober late time of 9:19, but every once in awhile something comes up.

For example, this Thursday night I will be at Crosspoint watching the Clemson v. N.C. State game. GO TIGERS!!!

Fridays I have one class. At 11:15. It's only 50 minutes.

Fridays are my favorite.

After my class, I eat lunch with Kate, a special needs student in the Clemson LIFE program here. 

Then from that point Friday to Saturday night, it's a wild card. There are so many things going on here and so many people to meet and hang out with. 

This Friday, however, I'm going on a coffee date with one of my small group leaders. Then we are having Thanksgiving dinner with two other CP groups. I'm excited for the fellowship, obviously, but the real, home cooked food will be a nice change from the dining hall. 

Sundays I attend Crosspoint church. Sunday afternoons are pretty random too. Sometimes I do homework. Or go to the grocery store. Or do laundry, which has happened one time so far.

Also, I have a job! Sort of...I'm officiating intramural indoor soccer. I made a foreign goalie a little angry but other than getting yelled at in a british accent, it's been great!

So, to all of you family and friends concerned about my well being, I'm doing great, simply because the Lord is great. Thank you for your prayers. Keep 'em coming.

In only a month I've seen the love and grace of the Father lavished on me in incredible ways. 

And I am so thankful.

Cheers to my first month of college. 

Here's to many more. 


1 comment:

  1. I love you so much granddaughter! Grandpa loves you too.

    ReplyDelete