Sunday, January 24, 2016

The weekly // 3

After a long weekend away from Clemson and from each other, it was nice to just sit and catch up over ice cream Monday night.

 I'm increasingly thankful for this man. 


And he got me these! 


Matt and I headed to my house Thursday night so that I could get my wisdom teeth taken out the next morning. Unfortunately, it snowed and my appointment was postponed. I was not a happy camper, but the weekend ended up being nice and relaxing. It was good to spend some quality time with the family. 

We got to see Josh on his first night of work, played lots of Settlers, watched a decent amount of movies, and just hung out with each other. 




This weekend did not turn out how I thought it would, or how I wanted it to. The Catilyn of a few years ago would have lost it. Pouted, grumbled, been miserable all weekend, and made everyone around me miserable too. And while that reaction is definitely easier, it's awful. 

It isn't glorifying to the Lord. 

I'm thankful that God is allowing this independent, uptight, self-loving heart of mine to go with the flow and trust Him. I have a long, long ways to go, but I'm thankful for the grace He has shown in sanctifying me and allowing me to recognize His work. 

And to see glorious works of His hand such as this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment