Sunday, January 10, 2016

The weekly // intro

Blogging is a very motherly thing to do, I think. I avidly read blogs of mom's with precious kids and hearts after the Lord that spur me on. While I don't have a family to call my own (in the sense of a husband and kids), I do have family and friends and a life that I learn in and want to remember. 

I'm about as nostalgic and sentimental as they come. 
I tend to process life best while writing. 
Consequently, I've been blogging since I was in high school. 
Go figure. 

But lately, as life overwhelms me and gets the best of me, and passes by so rapidly, blogging becomes a burden. And I hate that. 

I failed so, so miserably the past several months with keeping up. Keeping up with events and travel and day-to-day life. Then, things that I want to remember slip through. When looking back, those meaningful memories are forgotten.

I don't want to forget. 

So instead of spending hours trying to fit months of life into an acceptably long blog post, I'm going to do something I saw someone else do a couple of years ago...

The weekly. 

A blog a week. A short, snap shot of the week, with a picture or five and a few words or none. 
We'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment