Monday, March 14, 2016

The weekly // 10

This was the last week before Spring Break, and it was a final push to be sure. The highlight of the week was definitely that I got to eat homemade Indian food for dinner…twice! I love the hospitality of my international friends. My selfish heart can learn a lot of lessons from them. 

Sadly, one of those dinners was under bitter circumstances, for Clemson lost one of it's greatest: Shehzad the selfie king! 

I will definitely miss running into this guy on campus, hence the sad face below.



I had plans to go back to DC for Spring Break and was super excited about it, but not enough people signed up and consequently the trip fell through. So at the last minute I hopped in the car with my mom and Hailey and we road tripped to Kentucky to see a dear friend get hitched! 

Totally worth it. 




On the way back we took a pit stop (or seven) to walk around Nashville, TN for a bit. 
It is such a cool city! 



A few hours out from the house, my mom pointed out a small piece of rainbow visible in the sky. As we kept going shouts of "look! look! It's double!" turned into "look you can see it on the other side too!" and eventually we could see both rainbows all the way across the sky. 

The picture obviously does not do the view justice. 


Ever since I've grown up I've been told that rainbows symbolize that God is a promise-keeper, for it's the sign He gave Noah that He would never flood the earth again, and He hasn't. 

I am thankful for the Lord's grace in helping a Bible-story that my head knows to be transformed into a truth that my heart believes and loves: my God is faithful. He is constant. He will never leave me nor forsake me, and what He says is trustworthy and true. 

And I'm thankful that God uses His creation to remind me of such truths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment