Monday, March 7, 2016

The weekly // 9

First and last basketball game of the season in The Well, with the small group // ASL social // asian buffet for $5.99 with Stella // Fike night with Crosspoint including volleyball, basketball, and spikeball // delicious homemade Indian food, courtesy of Komal // volleyball at y-beach // small group sleepover with a surprise FaceTime from sweet Marie. 

I had a breakdown this week. A bad one. It was one of those days where a lot of little things add up and before you know it a straw (or a brick) lands and breaks the camel's back. I was so frustrated with people. And felt so lonely. I'm in a season where the people who know my heart aren't present, whether geographically or just because, well, life. It happens, ya know?

But in the midst of it the Lord was gracious to help me see and remember His goodness. It wasn't easy for this prideful heart who likes to sit in self-pity, but His graces were so evident. 

Here are some pictures of grace, largely in the form of people. 








The biggest grace, however, is that of the Lord Himself. That I am His, and He is mine. 
Oh, how sweet it is to be loved by Him. 

I love you, O LORD, my strength. 
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, 
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
I call upon the LORD, Who is worthy to be praised, 
and I am saved from my enemies. 
Psalm 18:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment