Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The weekly // 19

Woo hoo for Mother's Day! Momma Priddy actually deserves every day to be her day, so it's a pity we only get one day, and even sadder that we never use that one day to celebrate her well enough. 
But that's just because it's actually impossible.

I love this woman, and I am incredibly thankful God saw it fit in His grace to make her my mom. 

I'm also thankful for the way she tends to become a mother figure for almost everyone who meets her. She just cares, really cares about people. I pray that the Lord would give me a heart like this woman. 


The day on the whole was awesome. I got to spend the entire thing with my family, as stated in the picture below (shoutout to FBCFM's photo booth…). We had lunch, walked around Target, and saw the new Captain America movie. Then before I realized, it was time to drive back to Clemson.



The theme for this week was babysitting. I literally babysat everyday…and it was awesome! 
In other news…

At the beginning of this week Ankit moved to New Jersey, but before he left, we had to do something for his last night in Clemson. We went and got dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse, and because that wasn't enough food (ha) we then went to TCBY. I'm thankful I became friends with Ankit, and hope he comes back to visit soon!



Wednesday I went on a hike with these friends, because it was Will's birthday. We hiked Table Rock. It's description as being "strenuous" is definitely accurate, but it was a beautiful day and the view was totally worth it! 



Thursday I finally experienced the famous Tandem and had the privilege of going with this dime.
 We were there for over three hours, and only left because Tandem was closing. I'm so thankful for time spent catching up with her! 



Friday Miles and I drove to Brevard, NC to help with FBCFM's High School Retreat. 
Miles taught the two guys sessions Saturday, and I got to teach the girls. 

I am so thankful for this weekend. I really love teaching and pouring into younger girls. I loved getting to log quality time with them both playing cards and digging into the truths of God's Word together. I got to hang out with my parents and see the beauty of God's creation. 




This weekend I reflected on my time spent as a high school student in the youth group. I thought about things that my heart experienced several years ago in the same place, on the same retreat, and the things God has taught me, the things and places He has brought me through. 

Which led me to think about the things He is currently doing and the things that He will do. There are currently, as I suspect there will always be, some unknowns. And as I work through correct ways to navigate them, I want to take action, get answers in ways I think could be beneficial. And maybe they actually could be. But when I'm honest with myself, I know that the root cause of the desire to make a move is selfish and comes from a sinful heart that isn't actively trusting the Lord. 

But that's not who I am anymore, and I refuse to go back to being that manipulative girl.

I read this shortly after talking through some of these things with my roommate 
(praise the Lord for timely truths): 

"God doesn't always make His will clear because He values our being transformed more than our being informed….when we're not quite sure, we end up making decisions based on what we really love…if we really love Jesus, we will increasingly love what He loves—we will be transformed by renewed minds. And our love for Him and His kingdom will be revealed in the pattern of small and large decisions that we make."  
—John Bloom

(for more, go to http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/why-god-s-will-isn-t-always-clear)

More than anything, I want Jesus. I want to be like Him and I want to display the glory of God. If the way for that to happen today is waiting and trusting, so be it, and blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment