Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Break Fun

This past weekend was my first college break, and although it included a whole lot of driving (8 hours), it was worth it and I'm thankful for the way the weekend turned out. 

I drove home Thursday night after my lab. Consequently, I skipped my first college class on Friday... hey, it had to be done sooner or later...

I spent the day Friday visiting with some dear friends, then came home and got all gussied up for Northwestern's homecoming. It worked out perfectly that the student section theme was "frat" because my brother also looked super spiffy and so, much to his delight I'm sure, we got to take cute sibling pictures.  :)


My two favorite girls were on the Homecoming court, lending to more pictures.


This is before the winners were announced...


...and this is after


Three cheers that these two won 2nd Runner up and 2013 Homecoming Queen! Whoop whoop! Unfortunately, the crown for this year got left at the school, so Savanah and I might have to have a queen photo shoot sometime in the near future... ;)

I'm very thankful that these two deserving girls won these titles, that I got to be there to watch them, hand off the crown, and give them both lots of hugs afterwards. 

During third quarter, however, I headed back to Clemson so that I could be there to cheer on my Tigers the next day against Boston College. 

I made a pit stop, however, to pick up this beautiful, God-fearing girl. My heart is so blessed by her life and her love for the Lord. Needless to say, spending a whole weekend with her was WONDERFUL.


I had a 'full house' Friday night, for in addition to Alayna, Caroline and Marie came and spent the night with me as well. Unfortunately my dorm room is pretty small, and so they had to sleep on the ground (sorry girls!). We did our best to make it comfortable but there's only so much you can do to a rock hard floor... Nonetheless, it was great to see their beautiful faces! They make my heart happy too. 


And here are the weekly game day pictures with some hall mates...




For those of you who didn't watch the game, it was a close one, a little too close, but the Tigers pulled out a win in Death Valley against Boston College. I can't wait to return to this beautiful place in a few short days for ESPN College Game Day round TWO to watch my Tigers take down FSU. 

Where the Blue Ridge yawns it's greatness, where the Tigers play...

Friday after the game Alayna and I came back to the dorm room and watched a movie. The next morning we loaded the car, headed to church, then headed back home to Rock Hill. 

I'm glad that I ended up coming back home for a couple of days.

 Really glad. 

The R&R in my own household was much needed. The extra four hours of driving was worth it to spend more time with these Priddy people. 



The beautiful thing about not having classes Monday and Tuesday is that I only have three days of class ahead of me! And no labs! Praise the Lord!! 

I feel bad for the professors this week though. They're going to have a hard time reeling in students' attention with such a big game just around the corner. I for one am beside myself in excitement for the upcoming game against FSU. 

I LOVE CLEMSON FOOTBALL! 

I'm safely back in good ol' Clemson, SC. I miss home, but it's good to be back in the place that is quickly becoming one of my favorite on planet Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment