Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The least I can do...

For those of you who are unaware, it's this hot mama's birthday!!!


It's killing me that I can't be with her, seeing as I'm two hours away, and so I figured that this is the best way I can celebrate her with the rest of the world (wide web). 

Because let me tell you, this girl deserves to be celebrated. 

Not just on her birthday, but everyday.

 Her birthday just serves as a good excuse to do so. :)

Let me tell you a little bit about this woman that I am so blessed to call mom.

She is worth far more than rubies.


She is clothed with strength and dignity; 


she can laugh at the days to come.


She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.


She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.


Her children arise and call her blessed;


her husband also, and he praises her:


Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.


Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.


Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

(Proverbs 31:10a, 25-31)


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be just like her, just like all little girls want to be like their moms.


But now it's so much more than that. As an adult, I have watched her. I'm now aware of the fact that she is sinful. 

I've seen her short comings.

And yet I still want to be just like her. 

As you can see, that's slowly happening...

        



...and I'm so thankful!


She truly is a Proverbs 31 woman in every sense. 



This girl knows how to have a good time.

She can break it down like nobody's business.


She can be incredibly silly.


She is so full of the joy of the Lord. 

Her laughter is contagious.


She is a diva.

She is hilarious.

She is an amazing cook.

She can do some mean laundry and even meaner house cleaning. 

She is a great person to spend lazy days with.


She serves and loves my whole family through the Lord's strength and by His guidance.

She is truthful about her shortcomings, and then turns to the Lord's grace.

She spends serious time with the Lord.

She prays for our family and teaches us Scripture.


She can read me like a book.

She knows exactly when something is wrong with me.

She knows exactly what to do when I'm upset.

She gives me a shoulder to cry on.

She speaks wisdom and insight into my life.


She gives the best advice.

She sacrificially loves me. Like, really sacrificially.

She is so giving of herself to everyone.

She is one of the most merciful and encouraging people I have ever met.

She is an amazing confidant.

She takes care of people's physical, spiritual, emotional and mental problems.


Basically, this woman is incredible, and if you don't know her, it's a shame.


The amazing thing is that I'm not only blessed to call this birthday girl my mom, but I am incredibly blessed to call her my friend. My best friend. 


Mom, I love you so much. Thank you. THANK YOU. For everything. I'm sorry that I can't be there to celebrate you, but I hope you know that I am celebrating you in spirit, and that I am thankful for you every day. I count your life as one of the biggest blessings in my life. I don't understand why the Lord has given me such enormous grace through you, but I rejoice and my heart overflows with thanksgiving because of it. 

I thank my God every time I remember you.
Philippians 1:3


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo VERY, VERY blessed to have both of these ladies in my life!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom, told me about this post the other Sunday and how it made her tear up with joy! I can only hope for the same promise of fulfillment from God in Railey and Silas. You Priddy ladies are blessed and we are so glad to know you both!!

    ReplyDelete