Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Getaway 2013

As expected, Fall Getaway with Crosspoint rocked! 

The weekend started off great since I got to take the trip with these lovely ladies.


When we pulled in to Camp Greenville we were greeted with a welcome sign and a beautiful view. The first of many great views from the weekend.


During the retreat we heard truth via Dr. Nathan Finn from Southeastern University. He taught on the Journey of Salvation and touched on three main points or stops along that journey: justification, sanctification, and perseverance. 

Here's a short summary:

-Justification is by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone, a gift bestowed by God that is totally independent of our good works. 
-Sanctification is the theological term for the ongoing growth and maturing in Christ. It begins when we are justified, but continues throughout the duration of one's Christian life and includes both positional and progressive sanctification.
-Perseverance argues for the permanence of a Christian's salvation - all believers persevere in their faith until the end of their spiritual journey. 

After the messages, we would break into discussion groups with the people in our cabins. I got to meet new girls who love the Lord and discuss theology and what it means practically for our lives. We also got to pray over one another in powerful ways. 

Also, what's a retreat without some games? The best one was probably "Flour Frenzy" where we all went into a field and smacked each other with pantyhose full of flour. As silly as that sounds, it was a blast. 

Here is my CP group in the aftermath of it. Well, my CP group plus a certain photo bomber..


I met so many new people this weekend and grew in the relationships I'd already formed.
 I am incredibly thankful for the people that the Lord is putting in my life. I'm quickly falling in love with their sweet smiles and beautiful hearts. 



(Photo cred to Abby Seelig)

The highlight of the weekend for me, however, was getting to enjoy God's creation. He displays His glory so brilliantly it's insane. 

The first night we got there we had a bonfire, and then a few girls and I laid on the ground and stared at the stars in silence. I have never seen so many stars or a clearer sky in my entire life. 

It truly was glorious. 

The next day, during free time, a group of us went exploring. We walked to ShowerBath Falls where we swam around a little bit. 


We then followed the creek all the way down to where it dropped off into a huge waterfall called Rainbow Falls. We were extremely careful, but got to look out and see the mountains from the top of a water fall, which was pretty awesome!

On the last morning we woke up around 6. The things we do to see the Lord's glory! We walked to Pretty Place, a chapel that overlooks the mountain side. Once we got there, we sat still and waited for the sunrise. We most definitely were not disappointed. 



It's so fascinating to me that the Lord paints pictures like this every morning. 

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge." 
-Psalm 19:1-2

It is even more humbling that the Creator and Almighty God who spoke those mountains and that sky into being loves me, a wretched sinner.

Oh Praise Him!

Another miracle is that this picture happened on the FIRST try!


This next picture is of me and my CP group leader Marie. The Lord has already used her mightily in my life, and I am very thankful for her. 


Also, after we left Pretty Place she took us down an unknown trail and brought us to this beautiful sight. 



Cheers to a great weekend. It was relaxing and fulfilling. 

I can't say enough how thankful I am. How good the Lord is. How He is forever faithful. 

Bless the Lord oh my soul!



1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out. It blesses me to see God working in your life at such an early age. I can't see where he is going to take you.

    ReplyDelete